Seychelles Envoy for ASEAN, His Excellency Nico Barito joined the Chief of BNPT ( The Indonesian National Counter Terrorism Agency) Commissioner General Boy Rafli at the commemoration of the Bali combings tragedy on October 12, 2002.
The event was attended by Chief of LPSK (Witness and Victim Protection Agency), Hasto Atmojo, the senior officials from BNPT, the national and regional governments and UN agencies and international organization. The momentum calls to the world to strengthen tolerance, common understanding of different communities, and further strengthen cooperation to combat terrorism.
The suicide bombing, ripped through the tourism hot spot at Kuta area in the island of Bali. Among those 202 killed at Paddy's Irish Bar and the nearby Sari Club were people from 21 countries, including 88 Australians, 38 Indonesians and 28 Britons.
Special Envoy of Seychelles for ASEAN, Nico Barito has the honoured to lit the candle of tribute for the victims at the Panca Benua Monument (Bali Ground Zero) followed by the laying of flowers at the memorial pond.
Seychelles News Agency
- US-led 14th Cutlass Express military exercise kicks off in Seychelles, Mauritius and Kenya
- Seychelles asks for Japan's support for MVI for small island developing states
- Macron seeks to rally European support for Ukraine
- Israel army proposes evacuation plan as PM vows push into Gaza's far-south
- West Africa bloc says lifting Niger sanctions